Building kdelibs with VS 2005 (patch)

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Oct 5 14:29:43 CEST 2006

Manuel Klimek said the following, On 2006-10-05 13:45:

> I only know what happens with visual studio 2005, but when I use the
> visual studio 2005 IDE, I don't see any hint that it uses nmake
> internally. There
> is no nmake process running and I can't find any nmake Makefiles. As far
> as I know the visual studio IDE uses a new process called "msbuild" as of
> visual studio 2005. It of course starts a 'cl' process, but no nmake
> process (correct me if I'm wrong).

Maybe it's something like optimization. Internally I think the stuff still
should work the same on command line and GUI. We can only suspect as the stuff
becomes more and more obfuscated from version to version :)
Reagarding to your patch, maybe GUI does not know what is a .moc file. I guess
depenencies are still handled properly after applying your patch?

I'd recommend to re-send the patch and the description to kde-core-devel at kde.org

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek