Building kdelibs with VS 2005 (patch)

Manuel Klimek klimek at box4.net
Thu Oct 5 07:59:11 CEST 2006

> I just sucessfully compiled kdelibs using visual studio 2005 express
> edition, without the proposed patch, using the comand prompt. The
> problems appers to be restrict to the Visual Studio GUI (maybe a
> problem with project files).

"using the command prompt": does that mean you used nmake?
Than you didn't really use visual studio, but nmake which is like
gnu make. Visual studio has its own build system and doesn't use nmake
internally (unlike for example kdevelop).

Visual studio simply can't have two source files with the same name and
different extensions which produce different output files.

Cheers,
Manuel