Starting D-BUS

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed Nov 15 20:22:19 CET 2006

Paulo Jorge Guedes schrieb:
> [...]
this could be ignored
> And when I try to run an application I get this error:
>
> D:\kde\build-nmake\kdewebdev>klinkstatus
> 5820: assertion failed "*address != '\0'" file
> "D:\kde\winDBus-10.11.2006\dbus\d
> bus-transport.c" line 222 function unknown function
>
> What could be the problem?

Do you have the following variables in your environment, which should be
set by dbus-launch (showable with the 'set' command on the command line)

DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=tcp:host=localhost,port=12434
DBUS_SYSTEM_BUS_DEFAULT_ADDRESS=tcp:host=localhost,port=12434

It is possible to run  dbus-viewer  or qdbus (located in <qt-root>/bin)

If all works well it is possible to set a breakpoint on check_address()
and return the backtrace (bt with gdb, I don't know for msvc) to see
from which function the check_address() call was initiated ?

If I remember right was Peter faced with the same problem. May be he can
give more informations.