[Kde-windows] kde4 dbus state ?

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed May 10 10:19:35 CEST 2006

Peter Kümmel schrieb:
> Ralf Habacker wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> on http://webdev.cegit.de/snapshots/kde-windows/dbus-win/ there is a
>> snapshot of dbus for windows including the Qt binding available.
>>
>> The binaries works well for me and seems to be usable as initial dbus
>> environment for KDE 4 on windows at least for a specific time until a
>> better solution will be ready.
>>
>> Regards
>> Ralf
>>

> Hi Ralf,
>
> it compiles fine here, I have only to copy
> the dbus dll into to bin directory by hand.

you are using msvc ?
> But when calling
>
> start bin\dbus-daemon --session
>
> only a fresh cmd opens for a moment.
> The same when using your binaries.

may be because of missing libraries. You should open an additional
command shell and run
cd c:\Programme\dbus
bin\dbus-daemon --session

If there are no messages, you can run
set DBUS_VERBOSE=1
bin\dbus-daemon --session

and can take a look into the messages or send them to me.

> Peter
>

> P.S.:
> There is no libxml.dll in your
> gunwin32-kde4-2006-04-28.zip

This is an outdated version. Please use the version from 2006-05-08 or
download dbus-win32-2006-05-10-bin.zip, where I have added the
libxml.dll and libiconv2.dll.

Regards