class KWin for win32

Jarosław Staniek js at
Sat Jul 22 18:13:07 CEST 2006

On Saturday 22 July 2006 13:33, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Hi,
> Whle compiling kdebase I noticed that class KWIn is unix only. But for
> some functions in there I see no reason why this should be.
> Are there any objections against implementing KWin on win32 (although
> most of the functions won't work because win32 simply doesn't support
> them)?

This was the plan for KDE4, IIRC.
Maybe we could have a more descriptive name than KWin, I dont know what.

KWin (interface, only common methods here)
 : KX11Win (X11-specific methods are added here)
 : KWindowsWin (stupid name, win32-specific can be added here)
 : KMacWin (...)

What do you think?

regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska

Sponsored by OpenOffice Polska to work on
* Kexi & KOffice: |
* KDE3 & KDE4 Libraries For Developing MS Windows Applications:
See also:
* Kexi For MS Windows:
* Kexi Support: