[Kde-windows] [Fwd: Problems with win/include/msvc]

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Jan 6 19:53:30 CET 2006

Christian Ehrlicher said the following, On 2006-01-06 18:50:

> Do you have an idea how to fix this?
> The best way would be to provide an own header which only defines
> KDEWIN32_EXPORT so we're independent from KDE headers.
>
> Christian
>
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Betreff: [Kde-windows] Problems with win/include/msvc
> Datum: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 18:08:49 +0100
> Von: Christian Ehrlicher <Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de>
> Antwort an: KDE on Windows <kde-windows at kde.org>
> An: KDE on Windows <kde-windows at kde.org>
>
> Hi
>
> I've some problems with scons tests and headers in win/include/msvc.
> Most of this headers depend on build/config.h and kdelibs_export.h.
> This seems to be wrong because kdewin32 should be a wrapper for missing
> functions for kdelibs and so it shouldn't depend on kde headers. It
> should be no problem to remove this depency. The only thing we have to
> take care for is that all functions are exported correct. But this
> shouldn't be done with kdelibs_export.h.

We're only talking about compile-time dependency on kdelibs_export.h.

Kdewin32 is a part of kdelibs. Is there a scenario when it can be distributed
outside of the kdelibs? In such case perhaps we could just make a symlink in
SVN (as was the case with admin/ dir)?

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska

  Kexi Developer:      http://www.kexi-project.org | http://koffice.org/kexi
  Kexi Support:        http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html
  Kexi For MS Windows: http://kexi.pl/wiki/index.php/Kexi_for_MS_Windows
  KDE3, KDE4 Libraries For Developing MS Windows Applications:
                       http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki