kioslave win32 port start

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Dec 1 20:41:53 CET 2006

Jarosław Staniek schrieb:
> Ralf Habacker said the following, On 2006-12-01 19:02:
>

>> or better KNetwork:KSocketBase  because it is the root of all network
>> socket related classes  ?
>> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/3.5-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdecore/html/classKNetwork_1_1KSocketBase.html
>>

> This looks like a good candidate.
This one and in one in kresolverstandardworkers seems to be required.

> Optionally it can be kde_bootstrap() from
> kdewin32/src/bootstrap.cpp, what's called within kdemain macro.

I think setting this in a core library is better than be depending on
the usage of a macro in *every* application.
An other solution would be a call to QHostInfo:localHostName(), which
runs WSAStartup() too, but QTNetwork isn't linked to kdecore at now and
this would add an additional unneccessary dependency.