kioslave win32 port start

Manuel Klimek klimek at box4.net
Fri Dec 1 17:50:36 CET 2006

> -> getaddrinfo does not work (correct?) on w2k ... wxpsp2 is needed.
>
> cmake finds getaddrinfo() but we should not use it.

according to msdn you have to add some includes to make this work:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winsock/winsock/getaddrinfo_2.asp

Support for getaddrinfo on older versions of Windows

The getaddrinfo function was added to the Ws2_32.dll on Windows XP and
later. If you want to execute an application using this function on
earlier versions of Windows (Windows 2000, Windows NT, and Windows
Me/98/95), then you need to include the Ws2tcpip.h file and also include
the Wspiapi.h file. When the Wspiapi.h include file is added, the
getaddrinfo function is defined to the WspiapiGetAddrInfo inline
function in the Wspiapi.h file. At runtime, the WspiapiGetAddrInfo
function is implemented in such a way that if the Ws2_32.dll or the
Wship6.dll (the file containing getaddrinfo in the IPv6 Technology
Preview for Windows 2000) does not include getaddrinfo, then a version
of getaddrinfo is implemented inline based on code in the Wspiapi.h
header file. This inline code will be used on older Windows platforms
that do not natively support the getaddrinfo function.

The IPv6 protocol is supported on Windows 2000 when the IPv6 Technology
Preview for Windows 2000 is installed. Otherwise getaddrinfo support on
versions of Windows earlier than Windows XP is limited to handling IPv4
name resolution.

The GetAddrInfoW function is the Unicode version of getaddrinfo. The
GetAddrInfoW function was added to the Ws2_32.dll in Windows XP SP2. The
GetAddrInfoW function cannot be used on versions of Windows earlier than
Windows XP SP2.