External libs for kde4

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Thu Aug 17 11:19:40 CEST 2006

Von: "Peter Kümmel" <syntheticpp at gmx.net>
> Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
> > Peter Kümmel schrieb:
> >
> >> Christian Ehrlicher wrote:

<snip>

> > done, created .a with pexports & dlltool and removed static libs. The
> > package is now ~1MB smaller :)
> >
> Cool! So it is possible to produce a mingw lib from  msvc lib also in
> the case of C++?

No, this is C only. C++ name mangling + ABI between gcc and msvc is not consistent and therefore not possible.
But we must take care about the manifest crap when we use C dll's (created with msvc) with gcc - so it's better to create them with msvc7.x until there is an easy way to work around the problems with manifests.

Christian