[Kde-windows] initializing kapplication on win32

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Apr 27 11:57:43 CEST 2006

Rikardo Tinauer said the following, On 2006-04-27 11:46:

> I created the new one with the content:
> [General]
> ignoreDCOPFailures=true
>
> But when I run my kde win32 program throws an error:
>
> "Assertion failed!
>
> File: .\mmap.c
> Line: 88
>
> Expression: length % g_pagesize == 0

IIRC, I encountered something like this while playing with Kate Part in
kdelibs3/win32. I just gave up then. If the stuff you're testing depends on
mmaping, this may be the same problem, probably not yet solved.
Note that AFAIK, KHTML GUI is not yet usable on win32, and I guess it's mostly
because of such low-level problems.

(CC'd to core-devel in case somebody feels familiar with the assertion)

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska