[Kde-windows] kdelibs\kdecore & msvc

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Tue Oct 18 21:55:19 CEST 2005

Christian Ehrlicher said the following, On 2005-10-18 21:18:

> Hello
>
> I'm just compiling kdecore with msvc and it looks ok. But I hit some
> compiler warnings:
>
> kdeui\kstdaction_p.h -> a semicolon too much in line 154 ?
> kdecore\kapplication_win.cpp -> KApplication::invokeHelp() seems to be
> gone...
>
> private variables are stored in an own class/struct
> (KAboutPerson::Private for example). But the problem is, that sometimes
> it is declared as a struct and sometimes as a class. This wouldn't be a
> problem when it is defined correct in the base class definition but
> sometimes I see this (and msvc is complaining):
>
> struct KAboutPerson::Private
> {
> }
>
> class KAboutPerson
> {
> private:
>     class Private;

change to struct Private; - see below

>     Private *const d;
> }
>
> How to solve this? I would prefer 'class' to not change all headers and
> it would confuse others when one class is using 'class' and the other
> 'struct' for their private variables...

I was fixing such cases quite frequently in kdelibs3.
You could provide patches if there's inconsistency like above. In above
example, class should be replaced by struct (doing conversely - changing
struct to class - may break things by hidding members as private).

In short, always change the to the same type (struct/class) as original
declaration says.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska