[Kde-windows] KDE/kdelibs/win

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Mon Oct 17 18:34:18 CEST 2005

Ralf Habacker said the following, On 2005-10-17 18:06:

> Am Montag, 17. Oktober 2005 16:59 schrieb Jarosław Staniek:
>
>>Ralf Habacker said the following, On 2005-10-17 16:47:
>>
>>>SVN commit 471384 by habacker:
>>>
>>>don't need this stuff for qt4, dcopserver runs without it
>>>
>>> D             bootstrap.cpp
>>
>>Hm?
>>bootstrap.cpp is not only for qeventloop. Look at the code and docs...
>>More code like this will go here too. Or have you moved this somewhere?
>

> You mean this bootstrap stuff which is called  before main and requires
> special hacking of the main function ?
>
> The eventloop startup is obsolate , but I have overseen that there will be
> directories created and the HOME var set in win95 case, sorry. I have readded
> this file without the qeventloop stuff.
>
> BTW: Should KDE really  support win95 ?

KDE? I never worked on KDE for windows but on kdelibs.
Read explanation here, again (hmm, offline currently):
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDElibs+for+win32

> And what about the network startup
> stuff ? KICE calls it too and QT as far as I can see too ?

which one 'network startup'?

> BTW2: I think that there is a better way to create pre/after main functions.
> You can create a class and create a global instance of this.
> This instance will be created and the constructor be called before main.

> #include <stdio.h>
>
> class KDEbootstrap {
> public:
> 	KDEbootstrap();
> 	~KDEbootstrap();
> };
>

> KDEbootstrap::KDEbootstrap()
> {
> 	printf("bootstrap created\n");
> 	// stuff called before main
> }
>
> KDEbootstrap::~KDEbootstrap()
> {
> 	printf("bootstrap delete\n");
> 	// stuff called after main
> }
>
> KDEbootstrap bootstrap;

We dont want to require devs to put

KDEbootstrap bootstrap;

into application code (e.g. main.cpp).

So where do you want to put it? My candidate could be KInstance....

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska