KDE UX Sprint Plasma Active and the designer community

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Apr 9 04:34:42 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm quite excited to meet all of you in less than a week at the UX sprint in
Berlin :)

In my luggage there will be a tablet device running Plasma Active, a whole
bunch of stuff to play with, new concepts.

My blog about Plasma Active provides a starting point
http://vizzzion.org/blog/2011/04/plasma-active-a-desirable-user-experience-
encompassing-the-device-spectrum/

Don't worry if you're puzzled at first. ;) We've documented our insights at
http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active

One important part of Plasma Active is the central role of the designers. We
have spent quite some thinking on this aspect, and I'll be showing you the
workflows, processes and tools we've come up with to bring some real
improvements to our performance in attracting new designers. I hope we can
discuss, improve and details these ideas at the sprint. For those that won't
be able to attend, I'll blog about it. :)

If you're cool with this, I'll add it to the agenda on the wiki.

See you in Berlin ...
--
sebas