D27181: Rename dialog displays also source file information

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Oct 31 17:33:02 GMT 2020

meven added a comment.

  In D27181#676686 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27181#676686>, @papoteur wrote:

  > In D27181#676685 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27181#676685>, @meven wrote:
  >
  > > I am not sure we can use a nickname as author because of licensing.
  >

  > Why not?
  >  Copyright protects the rights of the author. On one side, patrimonial rights allow to give him money, but with open source licence, the author says that he waives to them.

  Well he grants them, but he keeps all his rights, like the ability to change the license to his work that is not transferable through a license but only through a FLA or such.

  > On another side, moral right allows him to be cited as author. If he wants to be cited with a nickname, it's also his right.

  Rights are only applicable to people i.e with identity. A nickname has no legal existence thus cannot have legal rights.
  https://community.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy states that commits must have commit author's names (and email).
  But I am not too sure how much we would enforce this.

REPOSITORY
  R36 Ark

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D27181