D26497: Remove unused file kde.renamecategories and clean reference to log_kdepassword

Laurent Montel noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 7 15:52:14 GMT 2020

mlaurent requested changes to this revision.
mlaurent added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kde.renamecategories:1
> -# old module name<space>new module name

I keep it for developers. So they know how to create .renamecategories file.

Without it dev will not how to create a renamecategories file

> kdebugsettings.categories:1
> -log_kdebugsettings kdebugsettings IDENTIFIER [KDEBUGSETTINGS_LOG]
> +log_kdebugsettings kdebugsettings DEFAULT_SEVERITY [DEBUG] IDENTIFIER [KDEBUGSETTINGS_LOG]

why ? "DEFAULT_SEVERITY [DEBUG]" :)

"ecm_qt_declare_logging_category(kdebugsettings_debug_SRCS HEADER kdebugsettings_debug.h IDENTIFIER KDEBUGSETTINGS_LOG CATEGORY_NAME log_kdebugsettings)"
 we don't force it.
If you force it in .categories file if a day we change default settings in ecm_qt_declare_logging_category we will change all categories file.
So by default kdebugsettings loads correct DEFAULT_SEVERITY in interface.

REPOSITORY
  R355 KDebugSettings

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D26497