D24213: Add live conversions between numerical bases

Daniels Umanovskis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Sep 25 10:18:39 BST 2019

umanovskis added a comment.

  First I'm looking for UI feedback. My current attempt looks like this:

  F7427939: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7427939>

  I'm far from a usability expert or being a GUI programmer. This layout seems quite natural to me, but another option would be to place the conversion radios and labels at the far left (that is, left of the button pad), which I briefly tried but didn't like it. Somehow doesn't feel right not to have a keypad start at the edge.

  Also I used KSqueezedTextLabel for the conversions - is that an appropriate choice?

  (Side note: KCalc code seems a bit old, and does stuff inconsistent with Qt guidelines, such as having tabs for indents but with some spaces mixed in - I've intentionally formatted my code keeping the surrounding style)

REPOSITORY
  R353 KCalc

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D24213