D25623: Fix crash when cups returns jobs with duplicate id

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Nov 30 10:53:57 GMT 2019

aacid added a comment.

  I can't play with it anymore because i fixed my jobs queue already but.

  lpstat -R listed the jobs twice (exact same info for each of the 2 pairs)

  the cups web interface list 4 jobs too

  With this fix the print-manager UI only lists them once, canceling through the print-manager UI did "nothing" on the UI level because all it did was cancel one of the jobs so you still had the other job available.

  After cancelling one job, trying to cancel it again (the reminder one)  through the print-manager UI gave an error saying "this job is already cancelled"

  I want to remember that at that point trying to cancel thourgh the cups web interface also gave an error (but can't be sure here)

  I had to cancel the jobs with a wholesale "cancel -a" that cleaned up everything.

  In my mind this is a CUPS fuckup and the best we can do is try not to crash.

  But if someone was able to have steps to reproduce the issue in cups we could see if there's a better way out of it

REPOSITORY
  R363 Print Manager

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D25623