D15680: Allow shortcut keys for both decimal separators point and comma

Arthur Pichlkostner noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 21 22:53:12 BST 2018

apichlkostner added a comment.

  In D15680#329919 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15680#329919>, @cfeck wrote:

  > What happens if the locale uses `.` as a decimal point, and `,` as a thousands separator (or vice versa)?

  I saw the other patch for converting strings which are pasted to kcalc where it may cause problems since the meaning of separators in the string is not clear.
  But this patch only adds another shortcut key. The digit group separator should normally not be entered manually but only shown automatically to help the user.

  Other calculators also allow to use both "." and "," as decimal separator (e.g. galculator and calc from Windows) this behavior should be fine.
  For me the main problem with the current behavior is that in all programming languages the dot is used and I automatically use the dot also in the calculator. Maybe accepting both separators is also useful in other situations.

REPOSITORY
  R353 KCalc

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15680