D15369: Add support for Zstd-compressed Tar-archives

Ragnar Thomsen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Sep 9 10:52:59 BST 2018

rthomsen created this revision.
rthomsen added a reviewer: elvisangelaccio.
rthomsen added a project: Ark.
Herald added subscribers: Ark, kde-utils-devel.
rthomsen requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Libarchive 3.3.3 was released on Sept. 4. and added support for the Zstandard compression filter. This compression method was designed to give similar compression ratio as gzip but with much greater (de)compression speeds. Libarchive uses the `libzstd.so` library, but seems to use the `zstd` binary as fallback if it wasn't built with `libzstd`.

  This diff enables the filter in the libarchive plugin. There is still no mimetype in `shared-mime-info`, so a custom mimetype for zstd-compressed tar archives is added. This necessitated re-adding functionality in Ark for custom mime-types (was removed in commit 73cd5e8d2e7b347d84438b23afdc892eddb78ed2 <https://phabricator.kde.org/R36:73cd5e8d2e7b347d84438b23afdc892eddb78ed2>).

  This is my first commit in a long while, so please check I didn't forget something ;)

TEST PLAN
  - Create a new archive using the new compression filter.

REPOSITORY
  R36 Ark

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15369

AFFECTED FILES
  CMakeLists.txt
  kerfuffle/CMakeLists.txt
  kerfuffle/mime/kerfuffle.xml
  plugins/libarchive/CMakeLists.txt
  plugins/libarchive/kerfuffle_libarchive.json.cmake
  plugins/libarchive/libarchiveplugin.cpp
  plugins/libarchive/readwritelibarchiveplugin.cpp