D9285: substantially refine the path x-platform path displaying

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 11 12:57:01 UTC 2017

sitter created this revision.
sitter added a reviewer: sandsmark.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: kde-utils-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  - File::name is now File::decodedName
  - new File::displayName which properly applies separators to the name (on Windows src/ should be src\)

  The motivation behind this change is to force us having to make a decision
  if we want the low-overhead name or the high-overhead UI name.

  - File::fullPath is now File::displayPath for the same reason as above
  - new File::url as a convenience wrapper used by the display* functions to construct a full URL out of their tree so we can determine whether the path is local or remote (scheme file:// vs. http:// etc.)
  - RadialMap::Widget::mouseMoveEvent had its tooltip adjusted to not resolve it against the held tree but rather the entities tree. This was inconsistent with hover signals emitted and caused remote paths to get improperly displayed like local paths in the tooltip while being correctly displayed as URLs in the rest of the UI

TEST PLAN
  - paths work beautifully on win32
  - filelighting over sftp:// also has correct paths now

REPOSITORY
  R352 Filelight

BRANCH
  Applications/17.12