[Maniphest] [Commented On] T3300: Refactor Archive loading

elvisangelaccio (Elvis Angelaccio) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 16 11:34:25 UTC 2016

elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  The biggest problem is: how do we deal with non-existing archives? We use `Archive *Archive::create("non-existing-path")` when we create a new archive (e.g. in `Part` and `AddToArchive`), but the goal is to make those `create()` methods private.

  We could add another wrapper job, e.g. `CreateJob *Archive::create(...)` that internally calls `AddJob`. In practice:

  1. If an archive already exists, we have an `Archive` pointer and we can just call `Archive::addFiles()` like we already do.
  2. If we need to create a new archive, we do `auto createJob = Archive::create()` and then, after the job is done, we retrieve the archive (`Archive *archive = createJob->archive();`).

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T3300

EMAIL PREFERENCES