[Differential] [Request, 17 lines] D3129: Fix data loss when aborting jobs in readwritelibarchive plugin

elvisangelaccio (Elvis Angelaccio) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 21 12:58:52 UTC 2016

elvisangelaccio created this revision.
elvisangelaccio added a reviewer: rthomsen.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: kde-utils-devel.
Restricted Application added a project: Ark.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Currently there is data loss when we abort an AddJob or DeleteJob with the
  libarchive plugin. This happens because we always call `commit()` on the QSaveFile.

  With this patch we call `commit()` only when we are not aborting (killing) the job.

  BUG: 365869
  FIXED-IN: 16.08.3

TEST PLAN
  - Close Ark during an AddJob or DeleteJob on a huge tar archive.
  - Make sure the archive is not changed.

REPOSITORY
  rARK Ark

BRANCH
  stop-data-loss

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D3129

AFFECTED FILES
  plugins/libarchive/readwritelibarchiveplugin.cpp

EMAIL PREFERENCES