[Differential] [Request, 30 lines] D1551: Enable XAR support

rthomsen (Ragnar Thomsen) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 6 22:06:29 UTC 2016

rthomsen created this revision.
rthomsen added a reviewer: elvisangelaccio.
rthomsen set the repository for this revision to rARK Ark.
rthomsen added a project: Ark.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: kde-utils-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This diff enables read-only support for XAR achives in libarchiveplugin. It seems libarchive has partial read-write support for this format, but I encountered an error when attempting to create a Xar archive.

  Things to consider:
  Shared-mime-info 1.6 (released in February 2016) contains the mimetype for XAR. Should we install the mimetype for XAR ourselves in case the user has an older shared-mime-info?

TEST PLAN
  Mimetypetest and archivetest were added for Xar.

  Test archive:
  F121698: simplearchive.xar <https://phabricator.kde.org/F121698>

REPOSITORY
  rARK Ark

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D1551

AFFECTED FILES
  autotests/kerfuffle/archivetest.cpp
  autotests/kerfuffle/mimetypetest.cpp
  plugins/libarchive/CMakeLists.txt
  plugins/libarchive/kerfuffle_libarchive_readonly.json

EMAIL PREFERENCES

To: rthomsen, elvisangelaccio
Cc: kde-utils-devel, tctara