[Differential] [Request, 63 lines] D2265: Fix preview of nested archives

elvisangelaccio (Elvis Angelaccio) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jul 22 14:10:42 UTC 2016

elvisangelaccio created this revision.
elvisangelaccio added a reviewer: rthomsen.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: kde-utils-devel.
Restricted Application added a project: Ark.

REVISION SUMMARY
  My assumption that a PreviewJob can remove its temp dir when it's done was
  wrong, at least with nested archives. If we remove the extracted file too
  soon, there is no way to preview a nested archive or, worse, a "double-nested"
  archive.

  This patch just delays the cleanup to the Part destructor (= when we are
  closing the app).

TEST PLAN
  - Open https://go.skype.com/skypeforlinux-64-alpha.deb
  - Preview of data.tar.xz now works.
  - Make sure that the extracted file in /tmp is deleted on Ark quit.

REPOSITORY
  rARK Ark

BRANCH
  fix-nested-preview