[Differential] [Updated] D3573: Implement search function

colomar (Thomas Pfeiffer) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 10 17:35:33 UTC 2016

colomar added a comment.

  I'm sorry that I have not commented earlier, I blame it on an overflowing inbox :-/

  First of all: Great that you're doing this, it's definitely a useful feature!

  Now for the questions:

  - Yes, please keep the close button on the left. There is no clear advantage or disadvantage to either side, so just keeping consistent with other applications (and the HIG) is the way to go. Also, on the right side it could be confused with the similar-looking clear button
  - The HIG recommends to put a label next to the field, but actually this is not really standard anymore, so we meant to change that in the HIG at some point. Please remove the label next to the field, as the text in the field is sufficient to indicate what it does
  - Yes, put a find button int he toolbar by default, for consistency with Dolphin
  - I think case-sensitive search is overkill for a file name search. Not even Dolphin has it.

  Further comment:
  Please change the label in the menu (and the tooltip for the button) to "Find Files" (because it lives in the "Archive" menu, so people might mistake it as "Find Archives".

REPOSITORY
  R36 Ark

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D3573