[Differential] [Request, 137 lines] D3573: Implement search function

rthomsen (Ragnar Thomsen) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Dec 2 21:12:43 UTC 2016

rthomsen created this revision.
rthomsen added a reviewer: elvisangelaccio.
rthomsen set the repository for this revision to R36 Ark.
rthomsen added a project: Ark.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: kde-utils-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  An action was added to Archive menu. The search is mediated through `KRecursiveFilterProxyModel` instead of `QSortFilterProxyModel` because the latter does not recurse nested models. This adds a new dependency on the `KItemModels` framework.

  The search bar is displayed above the `QTreeView` and contains a close button. An eventfilter was installed on `Part` to catch the escape keypress to close the search bar.

  Things to consider:

  1. The filter is currently always case insensitive. Do we want to add a button to switch between case insensitive/sensitive?
  2. Currently the escape key only closes the search bar when the `QLineEdit` has focus. Do we want the escape key to also close it when it's not in focus (like e.g. Kate)?

TEST PLAN
  Open any archive, press CTRL+F and search!

REPOSITORY
  R36 Ark

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D3573