[Differential] [Request, 16 lines] D432: Fix opening of tar archives with special characters in the extension

elvisangelaccio (Elvis Angelaccio) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 20 14:20:54 UTC 2015

elvisangelaccio created this revision.
elvisangelaccio added a reviewer: rthomsen.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-utils-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Tar archives are detected as singlefile archives when detecting the mimetype by
  content. This means that we cannot rely on it to correctly open a tar archive
  with special characters in the extension, as we do for the other plugins.
  This patch performs input validation on the
  filename extension of tar archive. Non-alpha characters are removed from the
  extension, excluding periods.

  Note that tar archives with a completely different extension (e.g. .zip) are
  still not correctly opened. The only way to fix this is to have a working
  detection by content for tar archives, somehow.

  BUG: 328815
  FIXED-IN: 15.08.3

TEST PLAN
  Opening a tar archive with non-alpha characters in the extension (e.g.
  foo.tar~1.gz) works.
  Opening any other kind of archive still
  works.

REPOSITORY