[Differential] [Request, 60 lines] D551: Start extraction only if Ark has write permissions

elvisangelaccio (Elvis Angelaccio) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 18 17:11:37 UTC 2015

elvisangelaccio created this revision.
elvisangelaccio added a reviewer: rthomsen.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-utils-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  We never check if a destination directory is writable, while doing an ExtractJob.
  We can do this check only once, in `ExtractJob::doWork()`, instead of doing it
  in each plugin's copyFiles(). This way we don't even start a cli process which
  we already know is going to fail.

  The only downside is that in batch mode (ark -b) the error message is displayed
  twice, once in a KMessageBox and once in a Plasma notification.

  BUG: 192219
  FIXED-IN: 15.12.0

TEST PLAN
  Trying to extract any kind of archive in a non-writable directory triggers the
  error messagebox.

REPOSITORY
  rARK Ark

BRANCH
  bug/192219

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D551

AFFECTED FILES
  CMakeLists.txt
  kerfuffle/archive_kerfuffle.cpp
  kerfuffle/archive_kerfuffle.h
  kerfuffle/archiveinterface.h
  kerfuffle/cliinterface.cpp
  kerfuffle/cliinterface.h
  kerfuffle/jobs.cpp
  kerfuffle/jobs.h
  kerfuffle/tests/jsonarchiveinterface.cpp
  kerfuffle/tests/jsonarchiveinterface.h
  part/archivemodel.cpp
  part/archivemodel.h
  part/part.cpp
  part/part.h
  plugins/libarchive/libarchivehandler.cpp
  plugins/libarchive/libarchivehandler.h
  plugins/libsinglefileplugin/singlefileplugin.cpp
  plugins/libsinglefileplugin/singlefileplugin.h

EMAIL PREFERENCES

To: elvisangelaccio, rthomsen
Cc: kde-utils-devel