Contribute to kcalc

Evan Teran evan.teran at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 20:50:43 UTC 2014

Hi Sayan,

Thank you so much for you interest in contributing to kcalc! I agree with
Raphael's advice. Do your best to get to know the code. If there is some
aspect of it that isn't clear, feel free to email and ask questions. Who
knows, maybe one of your questions will reveal something that can be done
much better!

Anyway, point #1 is that patches are always welcome. But try to be
thoughtful about how a new feature or change would fit into the larger
picture of the project. For example, you mention matrix calculations. That
sounds awesome. Have you put any thought into how you want the user to
input a matrix of data? How should the results be displayed? Right now
kcalc models an advanced "simple" numeric calculator. In other words, it
models doing operations on numbers, not higher order concepts. Certainly,
more advanced modes are interesting and welcome additions, so I am curious
what your vision is.

Once again, thank you. Perhaps your additions will lead to other more
interesting modes as well!

Evan Teran