kwalletmanager ui refactor

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Mon Feb 4 21:08:49 UTC 2013

Le Monday 04 February 2013 20:55:12 Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
> El Dilluns, 4 de febrer de 2013, a les 19:28:42, Aurélien Gâteau va
escriure:
> > Le Sunday 03 February 2013 14:50:33 Valentin Rusu a écrit :
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Lots of us are frequently using kwalletmanager to get/store the secrets
> > > for
> > > the ever extending sensitive information. We click it's icon to pop the
> > > main window, then double click the main wallet icon to pop another
> > > window, that will eventually go to the second display (that's my case).
> > > Perhaps you put aside a quick thought that this should be changed, but
> > > return to the task under hand. And then forget about this until you'll
> > > next need to use kwalletmanager. :-)
> > >
> > > During last days I finally sat down and did a ui-refactor and now
> > > kwalletmanager handles all the wallets inside a single, KPageWidget
> > > based
> > > design. A screen capture is far better than a hundred words so here it
> > > is:
> > > http://imgur.com/MD3GDxO
> >
> > Hey,
> >
> > Nice work! I put together a mockup which reorganize the buttons and split
> > the "Wallet" menu. I think it make things easier to understand. You can
> > find it here:
> >
> > http://agateau.com/tmp/kwalletmanager/
>
> Any reason a simple app such as kwalletmanager should not follow KDE
> standards for UI (i.e. use a "More" button instead of a toolbar or a menu?)

Actually, I would like to standardize such menu buttons, as an alternative for
windows with light menu hierarchies. Such a button can help saving vertical
space because the menu button shares the vertical space of the toolbar.

Having said so, the current mockup does not really need so much vertical space
and the line where I put the "More..." button is not really a toolbar, so I
think a classic menubar can be used here. I just pushed a new mockup (in
http://agateau.com/tmp/kwalletmanager/2 )

Aurélien

Aurélien