kwalletmanager ui refactor

Till Schäfer till2.schaefer at tu-dortmund.de
Mon Feb 4 11:12:28 UTC 2013

Hi,
first of all i am glad that someone is doing that job as i have subscribed to this mailing list because i had the same
plan some month ago. The project never got very far, but here are a few ideas i had in mind and may improve the
experience of the kwalletmanager. As you mentioned before the "way" to the password is very long because of several
reasons. Some of them are mentioned in your mail, i will add a few more:

1. To open the wallet you need many clicks (as described in your mail). I added a shortcut on my system by using qdbus
to directly open a wallet. Your solution makes this "click way" shorter. However it would be a nice feature to have a
(global) shortcut to directly open a particular wallet in the kwalletmanager UI.

2. While typing a search phrase the tree elements are collapsed and need to be opened by hand. This leads to three more
clicks:
- open the folder
- the category (passwords, pairs, binary data, ...)
- select the entry
I suggest to directly select the first item that matches the search phrase and open all folders which contain matching
entries.

3. The search field does not have the focus when opening a wallet. You need to click in the field to start typing. It
may be a good thing to have the focus directly in the search field, so that you can start typing immediately.

Many greetings
Till Schäfer