KDE Wallet Manager: Once a wallet is open an application has access to all passwords there?

Jonathan Verner jonathan.verner at matfyz.cz
Thu Dec 26 23:57:23 UTC 2013

> It would seem obvious that the sandboxing would prevent it from connecting
> to dbus as well in that case.

It would? Did you check? A sandbox can be configured so that an application is
only able to connect to a specified dbus endpoint.

> I don't know, but I assume it is because of the case of losing your laptop,
> and not encrypting your home partition.

The question is: why do we bother preventing this particular threat while
ignoring other threats. Paraphrasing your previous argument, when your laptop
gets stolen, you have much bigger issues than the thief being able to maybe
access your kwallet.

> I really don't see what you're trying to achieve.

No offence, but the problem, it seems to me, is that you _know_ that whatever
I'm trying to achieve is stupid. That might in fact be true, but I don't see
this discussion convincing either of us, so we might as well stop wasting our
time :-)

J.V.