Kwallet missing API to create a wallet(createWallet())

.. ink .. mhogomchungu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 01:27:26 UTC 2012

Hallo everyone,

I want to use kwallet to store secrets on my application and i want to
use my own wallet, not the default "kdewallet".

Looking at the API in "$KDEDIR/include/kwallet.h", i see:
closeWallet(),deleteWallet(),openWallet() but no createWallet().

Why doesnt the API give the ability to create a new wallet? Was it
left intentionally or is it an oversight?

With the current API, i will have to tell my users to open
kwalletManager and manually create a new wallet and it seem like its
unnecessary step and something that can be easily overcomed with the
API to do so.