Adding a new cmake module

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 8 07:38:52 UTC 2012

(CC'ing you because you don't seem to be subscribed to the list with
this address)

Evan Teran <evan.teran at gmail.com> writes:
> I can write a module for it, seems easy enough. Is the best course to add a
> cmake/modules directory to kcalc? Should I try to get it added to kdelibs
> where it seems just about all the others are?

Adding new Find modules to kdelibs is currently frowned upon, as
installing new Find modules from there is not desirable these
days (you could either volunteer to maintain your new module in CMake
itself, or send it to the extra-cmake-modules repository we maintain in
KDE as well).

My suggestion is to write your new module and then contact the
kde-buildsystem mailing list about it (you could add it to KCalc and
later move it elsewhere, for example).