Version beta of kaffeine.profile.xml for kremotecontrol

Michael Zanetti mzanetti at kde.org
Mon Sep 19 18:20:46 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm very sorry for the late reply. Hope you are still interested in it.

Am Freitag, August 12, 2011, 20:15:36 schrieb caemirr at gmail.com:
> Hi!
>
> I has finished the principal part of kaffeine profile for kremotecontrol.
>
> But i have 2 questions:
>

> 1) how to add a channel "1"  with QString ? a lot of test but nothing
> running... (it's the kaffeine-bad.profile.xml in the lzma)

Apart from that the whole file seems to be quite messed up, the type QString is
working fine here. After I fixed all the other syntax errors and the file gets
actually loaded, I can see the parameter as a string.

> 2) How to give 2 button for one action ? you use "Back" in amarok, but my
> remote have a "Back/Exit" button... i would like to have a best profil for
> all.

Defining multiple buttons does not really make sense. You should set up your
remote control properly to report buttons defined by in the lirc namespace (use
"irrecord -l" to see all defined buttons.

>                                        - The profile.xsd where i have added
> somme buttons for my remote.

Adding buttons in the .xsd file won't work as they are defined somewhere else
(In the C++ code when they are mapped from lirc namespace buttons). Also there
is no reason to add those buttons as they are all duplicate (e.g. there is no
need to define a button "Ch+" if there is already one named "ChannelUp"...).
Rather you should change your lircd.conf to match the buttons to the buttons
defined in the namespaces. Once you name your button KEY_CHANNELUP in
lircd.conf, it will automatacally be recognized in KRemoteControl as
ChannelUp.

I won't start adding random buttons. If I add Ch+ and Ch-, tomorrow another
user will appear which buttons are named "Chan+" and "Chan-". This will end up
in a big mess. This mess has also been recognized by the lircd developers and
they have introduced the namespaces to solve it. While it is still possible to
define free form strings in lircd.conf, you are strongly adviced to update your
lircd.conf to make use of the namespaces.

If you have an original lircd.conf file that came with lirc, fix it using the
namespaces and submit it to the lirc project.

There are, however 3 valid button requests to be added as known buttons by
KRemoteControl:
- Go (KEY_GOTO)
- Record (KEY_RECORD)
- PreviousChannel (KEY_PREVIOUS)

I will see if I can add them when I have time.

Br,
Michael