Git migration, take 2

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Sun May 22 22:07:05 CEST 2011

On Sunday 22 May 2011 00:27:48 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Mardi, le 1 mars 2011, à 17:20, Raphael Kubo da Costa a écrit:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Now that kdelibs and other modules have migrated to Git for some time,
> > it is time for us to look at our efforts again.
> >
> > In the past few days, I have been working on creating separate
> > repositories for each of our applications, since that was the repository
> > layout upon which we have previously decided.
>
> Guess that has to be delayed again after the SC 4.7 release? Anyway, good to
> have you work on that, thanks also from me.

Well, not really. I think the rules are pretty much done. Nicolás Alvarez
(PovAddict) contributed a lot in the end, adding global branches and things
like that.

All that is left now is some free time to re-run the conversions once more and
double-check everything. We are also working on getting the 4.6 branch
buildable as a single supermodule, so that Dirk's job is easier for packaging
4.6 tarballs.

As soon as we finish that (it really just depends Nicolás' and my
time/motivation), we are ready to move. It might happen before 4.6.5, or after
4.7.0.

> > I would now like you to take a look at them, especially at the tags,
> > branches and if the history is represented correctly (ie it takes work
> > branches into account when necessary, the first commit is really the
> > first commit etc).
> >
> > You can clone the repositories via (assuming you have the 'kde' alias
> >
> > in place):
> >   $ git clone kde:scratch/rkcosta/svn2git-kdeutils-ark
> >   $ git clone kde:scratch/rkcosta/svn2git-kdeutils-kcalc
> >   $ git clone kde:scratch/rkcosta/svn2git-kdeutils-kcharselect
> >   $ git clone kde:scratch/rkcosta/svn2git-kdeutils-kdf
> >   $ git clone kde:scratch/rkcosta/svn2git-kdeutils-kfloppy
> >   $ git clone kde:scratch/rkcosta/svn2git-kdeutils-kgpg
> >   $ git clone kde:scratch/rkcosta/svn2git-kdeutils-kremotecontrol
> >   $ git clone kde:scratch/rkcosta/svn2git-kdeutils-ktimer
> >   $ git clone kde:scratch/rkcosta/svn2git-kdeutils-kwallet
> >   $ git clone kde:scratch/rkcosta/svn2git-kdeutils-superkaramba
> >   $ git clone kde:scratch/rkcosta/svn2git-kdeutils-sweeper
>
> Hm, what about filelight and printer-applet?

They have had their rules written as well, I don't know why I did not put them
there too :)

If anyone is still willing to take a look at the current state of the rules,
they are in the kdeutils/ directory in the kde-ruleset git repository.