KRemoteControl moved to kdereview

Claudiu Covaci claudiu.covaci at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 20:23:42 CET 2010

Hi,

you can actually simulate lirc commands. From the lirc documentation
at http://www.lirc.org/html/lircd.html:

The --allow-simulate option will enable the SIMULATE command which can
be issued using irsend(1). This will allow simulating arbitrary IR
events from the command line. Use this option with caution because it
will give all users with access to the lircd socket wide control over
you system. E.g. if you have configured your system to shut down by a
button press on your remote control, everybody will be able to shut
down your system from the command line.

Then, using irsend (doc: http://www.lirc.org/html/irsend.html ):
irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S"

I haven't tried it myself, but I suppose it should work ;)
You should have a valid lircd configuration (file) though.

Good luck!
Claudiu