KRemoteControl moved to kdereview

Michael Zanetti michael_zanetti at gmx.net
Fri Mar 12 18:54:17 CET 2010

Hi all,

I have moved KRemoteControl to kdereview. It is a branch of kdelirc with major
changes in the framework and the UI and is meant to replace kdelirc in
kdeutils.

Since lirc handling has moved to solid and we are now able to support different
types of remotes (theoretically, no other backends exist yet) we thought the
name KDELirc doesn't fit any more.

We have also changed the standalone app irkick to a kded module featuring an
optional NotifierItem and a dataengine for a future remote control plasmoid.
There are already some beginnings for this plasmoid in playground.

If there are no objections I would move it to trunk/kdeutils after the two
week review period.

Cheers,
Michael