Lost kwallet file! Bug?

Alaios alaios at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 15:36:00 CET 2010

Unfortunately not :(
Does kwallet keeps some log file?

--- On Thu, 12/2/10, Michael Leupold <lemma at confuego.org> wrote:

From: Michael Leupold <lemma at confuego.org>
Subject: Re: Lost kwallet file! Bug?
To: "KDE Utilities development" <kde-utils-devel at kde.org>
Date: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 2:06 PM

(Please don't top-post as this makes it really hard to read and answer a
mail)

Am 30.11.2010 17:30, schrieb Alaios:
> Might be some problem with mixed libraries?
>
>     2010/11/30 Alaios <alaios at yahoo.com </mc/compose?to=alaios at yahoo.com>>
>
>         Hello everyone. I opened my kde kwalletmanager last night but
>         unfortunately one of my two wallets was not there.
>
>         I checked and only one of the two *.kwl files are there . It
>         seems that kwalletmanger removed this file (might be a bug?)
>
>         Is there any kwalletmanager logfile to see what was the problem?
>
>         I am 99% that never erased this wallet (it was storing bank
>         accounts so no motivation to do this). Then only think that I
>         can blame is that I have left my wallet on and then pressed
>         shut computer down (usking kde)
>

>     To be honest I'm a bit puzzled. This definitely shouldn't happen,
>     not even if you switch off the PC while the wallet is opened or
>     written back to disk. Unfortunately I've also never heard about
>     others having similar problems - at least not since some bugs in
>     the underlying libraries (KSaveFile). Which version of KDE are you
>     using?
>
> I would like to thank you for your immediate response.
>
> kde4-config --version returns
> Qt: 4.6.3
> KDE Development Platform 4.4.4 (KDE 4.4.4) "release 2"
> kde4-config: 1.0
>

> kde-config --version
> Qt: 3.3.8n
> KDE: 3.5.10 "release 41"
> kde-config: 1.0
>
> cat /etc/issue :
> Wlecome to openSuse11/3 "Teal"....

That looks rather unproblematic. Mixed libraries would rather lead to a
crash than to a loss of data. Did you have some other "special"
conditions like an almost-full partition which might have lead to a bug
involving data loss?

Regards
Michael