Maintainers: Have your improvements for KDE 4.2 promoted!

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sun Jan 11 12:39:46 CET 2009

Hi Michael,

Am Sonntag, 11. Januar 2009, um 12:16 Uhr, schrieb Michael Leupold:
> On Sunday 11 January 2009 11:49:18 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > what worth are new features and improvements if nobody learns about them?
> >
> > Jos and other promo people are preparing the visual guide for KDE 4.2,
> > see http://docs.google.com/View?docid=d6vb6xc_1shgd8nhr
> > for the current draft.
> >
> > Ark and Okteta are already covered. If your program isn't, but there are
> > some things worth to be mentioned, please write to Jos
> > (jospoortvliet->gmail com) or just log in and add to the document, Jos
> > will be glad.
> >
> > Please also check if the changelog
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.2_Changelog#Admin_.2F_Utils_.2F_
> >Ne twork contains the highlights it should for your program.
>
> I wish I had stuff to promote actually, but I guess under-the-hood changes
> don't qualify - especially if it's mostly bug-fixes :/

If they changed the user experience, e.g. maked KWallet working properly and
relyable again or faster, wouldn't you think this might be interesting to
someone? :)
(Pardon me, I cannot really come up with examples related to KWallet, as my
real life usage of KDE4 is limited by now)

Cheers
Friedrich
--
Okteta - KDE 4 Hex Editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta