ktimer documentation access

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Thu Feb 5 17:39:08 CET 2009

On Thursday 05 February 2009 11:48:29 Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 04 Februar 2009 09:50:25 schrieb Michael Leupold:
> > >
> > > I did not use a KPushButton, because all other buttons in this window
> > > are QPushButtons.
> > >
> > > The kde i18n toolchain aka scripty is quite smart, but does not have
> > > the magic power to skip the new string by changing QPushButton to
> > > KPushButton.
> > >
> > > This will introduce a new string and break the string freeze, thus
> > > making it impossible to backport to stable without translators
> > > approval.
> >
> > It would be possible to use KStandardAction::help(), thus getting the
> > string from libkdeui. I'm however not sure if this is considered a hack
> > or not.
>
> An I even do not know how to do this. So feel free to improve it.

Admittedly, using KStandardAction was a bit intricate. Whoever told Alex to
use KStandardGuiItem did better. Attached patch is string-safe. On top of that
it automatically adds the default help icon to the button (which I only found
out after compiling and running :)).

Alex, you can make the new and remove buttons KPushButtons too and use
KStandardGuiItems there as well.

Regards,
Michael