What about Kfloppy and SuperKaramba

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Fri Dec 11 21:03:47 CET 2009

I just read that KPilot was dropped from kdepim. That reminded me of some
corpses in kdeutils ...

I must confess I never used any of the two. I you don't count my krazy fixes
from two weeks ago both applications have not seen any developer activity for
month, just some general cleanups that were applied on many projects in the
whole repository at once. Is it time to move them to tags/unmaintained?

I doubt anyone has a strong need for Kfloppy these days as USB sticks are
cheaper, more robust and e.g. no computer I bought in the last 2 years even
had a floppy drive. Those we ordered at work 3 years ago were probably never
used.

For SuperKaramba I'm less sure but given the speed of plasma development I
think there can't be much that this project is still needed for.

Currently they are just bitrotting and spitting warnings about using K3Process
and the like. When Friedrich took over kdeutils he tried to find new
maintainers but I can't see that anyone ever stepped up. Maybe it's time to
let them rest in peace somewhere else. Any comments on this?

Eike