irkick & default configuration

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Tue Aug 25 00:20:06 CEST 2009

Hi!

I finally succeeded to config lirc run with my remote, I then found
kdelirck & irkick, using KDE4.3 on Kubuntu Jaunty.

Shor version: what's the easiest way to bind the remote buttons to
actions? The Auto-populate doesn't work.

Longer version:
1) Where can I find the configuration file for the remote. I found
.kde/share/config/irkickrc, didn't look like the correct one.
2) How do I use the existing configs: the extension overview shows
that there are configs for Amarok, Dragon etc available but how do I
activate these.
3) Is the plan to include as many default remote configs in KDE as
possible (like http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdeutils/kdelirc/remotes/
)
4) Is it possible to bind one remote key button to multiple apps and
only the app currently active would receive it?

Thanks for great KDE4.3!!! Looking forward to remote-control it :)