Ark: Replace libgzplugin, liblzmaplugin ... with kfilterplugin

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 00:49:21 CEST 2009

2009/4/17 Harald Hvaal <haraldhv at stud.ntnu.no>:
> On Friday 17. April 2009 21.36.42 Wang Hoi wrote:
>
>> Then i come to ask: would it be better to replace libgzplugin and
>> liblzmaplugin with one kfilterplugin ?
>
> Absolutely. Ark really needs more plugins based on kdelibs functionality.
> Post the patch when you're done. If you have any questions, you can post them
> here, or email me directly.
Just a quick update on this. Some days ago I committed
libsinglefileplugin that implements this functionality - all low-level
handling of gz, bz2 and lzma/xz files is handed over to KFilterDev, so
the three file types share a common infrastructure.

There's still room for improvement, though. The architecture is still
a little ugly - LibSingleFileInterface should be abstract, for example
- and there's no write support.