kdelirc (was:April 7th, 2009: Soft Feature Freeze)

Michael Zanetti michael_zanetti at gmx.net
Tue Apr 7 16:47:56 CEST 2009

Hi Friedrich,

I think we (Frank and I) can bring back kdelirc for 4.3. I have already put it
on the feature plan.

The current state:
- It is fully ported to Qt4/KDE4. No Qt3Support.
- We have heavily refactored/rewritten major parts because the original code
was in a really bad state in terms of readability and maintainability.
- It is basically the same program as before. There are some new extensions
and remote controls.

It is not 100% finished yet, but we're on a good way. All the functionality is
restored. We still have to do the following tasks:
- Finishing rework of kcmlirc.cpp
- Fixing some bugs introduced during rewrite.
- creating svg icons
- some general cleanup (krazy checks etc)

About the documentation: We still have the original one. It is not perfect but
at least not worse that at KDE3 times. Perhaps someone has the time to help
out here...?

Are there any other tasks that I'm not aware of?

If there are no objections, I would move it to kdereview as soon as the above
tasks are finished.

Cheers,
Michael