KLirc/IRkick

Michael Zanetti michael_zanetti at gmx.net
Tue Sep 9 12:06:23 CEST 2008

Hi Laurent,

On Tuesday 09 September 2008 10:11:58 Laurent Marchal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found a previous mail saying Michael Zanetti was taking the kdelirc
> code to kde4.

Yes, thats true.

> I have sucessfully getting the PS3 BD bluetooth remote control working
> with lirc and irKick,
> but i think i found a bug in the irKick lirc protocol decoding.

> I was wondering if someone commited the new kde4 port into the svn,
> because i would like to post a bug, and create a patch from the svn.

kdelirc currently is in playground. The codebase is mostly ported to KDE-4. It
compiles and runs on KDE-4. There are still some minor glitches in some
dialogs.

The next step would be to create a Solid interface for IR devices and port
IRKICK to use that one.

> Maybe i could help in the development too ?

That would be great, since I have a lot to do at university (exams) and work
right now development of kdelirc is going on very slow at the moment. So I
really could need some help on this.

Just check out trunk/playground/utils/kdelirc have a look at the codebase. If
you are going to make big changes, let me know it before.

Thanks,
Michael