KCalc binary fix

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Thu Oct 9 08:00:01 CEST 2008

I've just committed a fix for 154688 that should resolve the erroneous display
of negative non-decimal numbers (binary, octal and hex). The behavior was
different on 32 and 64 bit systems. As my access to 64 bit systems is very
sporadic, I would like some help testing this fix. If you could test this to
make sure the behavior is consistant I would appreciate it.

In Hex base, The following keys: "0 - F =", should result in FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF1.
Similar two's complement results should be obtained with binary and octal.
Any other banging you can do on non-decimal numbers would be appreciated.

p.s. Currently I'm using two's complement for negative non-decimal numbers.
Some people have remarked that it is not intuitive. I could change this to
display minus signs instead, but that doesn't feel right to me. Opinions?

Thanks,

--
David Johnson