Version numbers for 4.2

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Nov 26 14:51:23 CET 2008

Hi Michael & all,

Am Mittwoch, 26. November 2008, um 01:12 Uhr, schrieb Michael Leupold:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was wondering who's setting the version numbers for the 4.2 release. I
> know last time Friedrich did it, but I'm not sure if that was just a
> last-minute fix because we all forgot to do it ourselves :)

Yes, it was a last minute fix :)

> Basically we could all do it ourselves - and most app maintainers should
> know which version number is appropriate - and just post here so we'll know
> which applications still need it (some are still unmaintained, I reckon?)

This is also my understanding how to do the versioning, up to the maintainer
and what she/he/they feel(s) is appropriate.

Then, please remember that with that mentioned commit above I also bumped the
version numbers in trunk, so that development versions (and the bug reports
for it) can be distinguished from the released versions. Citing the preparing
email:
> (program): (4.1 branch), (trunk)
> ark: 2.10.999, 2.11.999
> kcalc: 2.3, 2.4
> kcharselect: 2.3, 2.4
> kdf: 0.6, 0.7
> ktimer: 0.2, 0.3
> kwallet: 1.2, 1.3
> superkaramba: 0.51, 0.52
> sweeper: 1.1, 1.2
> kgpg: 2.0.0, 2.1.0

Which means e.g. for David that his bumping of the KCalc version yesterday now
made KCalc advance +2 in the minor version number. Just for your information.
Other than that, your program, your choice :)

And Harald, yes, feel free to smooth the xx.999 number. I guess it was before
to signal a not yet finished state of Ark. And when bumping the version
numbers for 4.1 I felt better to keep this flag ;)

Cheers
Friedrich
--
Okteta - KDE 4 Hex Editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta