kdeutils icons

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu May 29 20:33:48 CEST 2008

Hi Michael,

thanks for caring for some styled icons.

Am Donnerstag, 29. Mai 2008, um 11:51 Uhr, schrieb Michael Leupold:
> Hi again,
>
> I just put icon requests for the following apps on
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Oxygen/Missing_Icons:
> - kdf
> - kfloppy
> - kgpg
> - ktimer
> - superkaramba
>
> (- okteta was already on the page)

Good. If you want to bug the artists more visible programs like KGpg should
get some priority. Okteta for example is not that often used and could stay
with the old highcolor icons for some more time. (Even if I would prefer to
have new Okteta icons right now. :)

> I also checked with the oxygen guys who told me that
> "accessories-calculator" was supposed to be the icon for kcalc. The strange
> name is due to freedesktop naming conventions. I prepared a little patch
> for it but I'm not sure how to go about the pixmap in AboutData - is that
> supposed to change with the icon theme (so users can recognize it) or to
> stay the same regardless of the theme?

The icon name in the desktopfile and the aboutdata should be the same, as all
the other data in both should be.

> By the way, I think we'll have to
> ask the oxygen guys to rework the small-size icon that's used in the window
> decoration as it's just not recognizable as a calculator.

If so, yes (did not check right now).

> Anyways, I attached the patching including changing the about dialog icon.
> Do you think that's ok for committing (I guess the icons could also be
> removed from svn but I'll have to double-check first).

I guess this is up to David, the maintainer of KCalc.
I have not yet made my mind of the usefulness of that part of the icon naming
spec, so I do not take part in icon name decisions :)

Friedrich