KDE4Powersave

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Thu May 29 20:11:17 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag, 29. Mai 2008 schrieb Thomas Gillespie:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Could you try running "solid-powermanagement suspend to_disk" from a shell
> please, then i can decide if its my fault or solids fault :). That should
> suspend your computer (try to_ram instead of to_disk to suspend to ram)

In general it kde4powersave works for me, e.g. I can define brightness for
battery mode, unplug the cord and it get's changed. s2ram calling solid also
works. But regardless what I set on lid event it always does s2ram (that is
what I set in kpowersave in KDE3). Of course my kde3 session was not running
at this time.

One thing I'm missing is scrolling the mouse wheel over the icon to change the
display brightness. In KDE3 I'm using it every day because it's easier to
find in the darkness then Fn+F7 ;)

Greetings,

Eike